- Earliest written reference to black seed was first found in the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament. Isaiah explains: "For the black cumin is not threshed with a threshing Sledge, nor is a cart wheel rolled over the cumin, but the black cumin is beaten out with a stick, and the cumin with a rod." (Isaiah 28:25 , 27 NKJV). Easton's Bible Dictionary explains that the Hebrew word for Black Cumin, "ketsah", refers to "doubt the Nigella sativa, is the order Ranunculaceae which grows wild in Mediterranean countries, and cultivated in Egypt and Syria."
- Dioscoredes, Greek physicist at unity century, reported that black seed is used to treat headaches, nasal congestion, toothache, and intestinal worms. In addition, also be used to promote menstruation and increase milk production in nursing mothers.
- The Muslim scholar al-Biruni (973-1048), which combine drugs ancestral India and China mentioned that Black seed is a kind of sesame seeds, called alwanak in Sigzi dialect. Later, this statement is justified by the Suhar Bakht who explained that the black seed as habb-i-Sajzi (viz. Grains Sigzi). Reference "grain" This allows people to use it as a nutritional ingredient in the 10th century and the 11th AD.
- In a medical system in Greco-Arab/Unani-Tibb, which originated from Hippocrates, Galen and Ibn Sina, black seed is a valuable remedy in treating gastrointestinal dysfunction, and hepatitis and is described as a stimulant to different conditions, high fever reliever.
- Ibn Sina (980-1037), in his greatest "The Canon of Medicine," regarded by many as the most famous books in medicine, in the East or West, said the black seed as "stimulating the body's energy and helps recovery from fatigue or lack of spirit. "
- Black seed is also included in the list of natural medicines Al-Tibb al-Nabawi, and according to tradition, "Wearing black seed can cure all diseases except death." Prophetic reference in describing black seed as "the healer of all diseases" are not too exaggerated exaggerated when it first appeared. Previous studies have provided evidence indicating that the black seed has a real ability to improve the human immune system if used all the time. Words of the Prophet "to rely on the use of seed" also advocated for the use of seed consistently.
- Black Seed traditionally and successfully used in the country of the Middle East and Far East for centuries to treat ailments including asthma and bronchitis, rheumatism and wound inflammation, increase the production of milk for pregnant women, treat indigestion, helps maintain the immune system , improve the ability of digestion and disposal, and against parasitic infections. Petroleum has been used to treat skin diseases such as eczema and wound inflammation and is able to treat the symptoms of fever.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
History of Nigella Sativa
Diposkan oleh Arif Abu Nafisah
di 8:53 AM